Since my mission is to empower women to be confident and be guided by their inner wisdom, does it mean that I am 100% confident all the time? Great question!
When I am feeling self-doubt, anxiety, or fear, I realize that I have done one of two things:
- Gotten caught in my faulty human operating system and given life to negative thoughts.
- Taken on a job that is better done by my Mind (universal intelligence, God, choose your name).
I invite you to put your own well being at the center of your life. When you do, you will be amazed at the people and resources that show up to help you live your best life.
I believe that I have been given this lifetime to grow my soul. I live my values of love, authenticity, integrity, wisdom, and collaboration. When faced with a choice, I get still inside and ask my inner wisdom: “Will this grow or diminish my soul?” It is a good litmus test.
My Motto: You are Given a Life to Grow Your Soul
- MBA in finance from Carnegie Mellon University, 1994
- Certificate in Personal and Professional Coaching from the Newfield Network, 2000
- BAs in Anthropology and Foreign Affairs from the University of Virginia, 1989
Ventures I’ve started and contributed to:
I’ve started a lot of companies and alternative education programs. I’ve learned as much or more from the ventures that didn’t succeed.
- Joyful Action Media – creating social mobile games to empower young people to form healthy relationships
- Big Life path – helping teens and young people launch projects that turn into careers.
- Alma Education International, created an online course on Self-Directed Learning, 2017.
- Business strategy advisory and leadership coaching: 1999 – present
- Executive with SelfDesign Learning Foundation, 2008-17
- Created K-12 distance learning programs, parent learning circles and coaching program for self-directed learners.
- Designed two charter schools in California, 2012-13. Received grants of $500,000. (I couldn’t get them authorized, and that is a story that shows how difficult it is to innovate in the school system that is held hostage to textbook publishers and high stakes testing.)
- Raindancers, a self directed learning center in Ojai, CA, 2012
- Katuah Sudbury school, in Asheville, NC, 2005-07
- Boomerang, an online grocery company, 1996-98